report submitted to the US Congress by the US Department of the Treasury on the assets confiscated to states and organizations labelled as terrorist by Washington, reveals the seizure of 254 million dollars to Cuba in 2011.
The figure stands for 61 percent of the total sum frozen by Washington under this concept. The 30-page report reads that US authorities have seized six properties in New York and Washington, which belong to Cuba.
The United States had confiscated Cuba 223.7 million dollars in 2009 and 248.1 millions in 2010.
Numerous personalities in the U.S. have criticized the blacklisting of Cuba as a terrorism-sponsor state by Washington.
For 20 years in a row, the international community has condemned the over-50-year US economic, commercial and financial blockade of Cuba. (RHC)
- US Blockade Endangers Cuban Health Programs
- US Blockade Hinders Cuban Fisheries
- US Blockade Hampers Cuban Efforts to Combat HIV/AIDS
- Cuba Highlights World Condemnation to US Blockade
- "Necessity of ending the economic, commercial and financial embargo imposed by the USA against Cuba"
Report on UN Resolution 65/6 on the economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed by the United States government against Cuba.