Now get rid of the illegal blockade!
News that the U.S. Government has finally removed Cuba from the “terrorism list” has received a qualified welcome in the country itself.
The Cuban government has repeatedly stated its rejection of ‘all acts of terrorism in all their forms and manifestations’. All the while being subject to terrorist attacks itself that have cost 3,478 lives and disabled 2,099 Cuban citizens.
As Slate notes Cuba’s terrorist classification remained on the books “mostly because it’s been politically easier to leave it on than to take it off”. Another anachronism is the economic, commercial and financial blockade which has the Cuban nation 1 trillion 112 534 billion dollars. The human cost is immeasurable.
- Report to the U.N. on the embargo here
- General Assembly Demands End to Cuba Blockade for Twenty-Third Consecutive Year here
- Cuba will continue to defend the ideas for which our people have sacrificed here
- Cuba releases statement on its removal from US terrorist list here
- Obama to remove Cuba from list of state sponsors of terrorism here
- White House Wants to Take Cuba Off the Terrorism List. It’s About Time here
|DOWNLOAD: Report On Resolution 68/8 of the United Nations General Assembly here|